Stems done!

Stems Done!
Stems Done!

I’ve got all the stems done on the Jacobean Coat!

Sleeve Motif 1
Sleeve Motif 1

I’ve been quietly attaching the chunky knitting wool along the lines of the stems, and I’m quite pleased with progress so far. I’ve tweaked a couple of tendrils, and there are a few details I’m not quite sure about, but it’s a start.

In fact, it’s better than that, because I have started on the felt appliqué!

Sleeve Motif 2, Stage1
Sleeve Motif 2, Stage1

Both of the sleeves have motifs on them, one placed above the sleeve and the other below.

I decided to test the next stage on one of the sleeves, in case it didn’t work, but I rather think it will. I’m using the same lofty, fluffy felt I used for the Amarna Princesses, and I have lightly needlefelted it in place so that I can add the embroidered details without stabbing myself on a pin.

 

10 thoughts on “Stems done!

  1. Now that you have all the stems in place you can let the coat blossom. Needlefelting them in place is a good idea before adding the embroidery. I am sure you will enjoy the next step.

  2. I see what you mean about it being colourful! Now you have got the structure in place you can go to town with the foliage, fruits and flowers. As Jen says, this is going to be where the fun really starts.

  3. Being able to felt it in place is a big advantage of felt on felt. It looks very pretty against the background. It’s going to be so beautiful!

  4. It’s slwunice to get the foundations in place, and now you can start to have fun with the other elements. I look forward to seeing this progress!

  5. Needle felting these in place is a great solution to make the garment more functional.

Comments are closed.